Speyside Photography Group
Data Protection Policy
The Speyside Photography Group (SPG) is established with the objects set out in its Constitution, to serve the interests of its Members. The SPG is a data controller within the UK.The personal information referred to in this Policy may include name, distinctions, contact details, affiliations, service records, records of entries to events, and such other information as may be necessary for the effective management of the legitimate interests of the SPG. Any person wishing to verify the information held by the SPG, or who can correct or update that information, may apply to the Secretary.The SPG collects, holds and uses personal information for several purposes:
- The Groups Committee, and of its Members; others who assist the Committee; and those offering their services to the SPG community (e.g. as Judges or Lecturers).
- The information (Name, Photo Distinctions, Address, Telephone Number, email address (& Group if applicable)) is compiled into the SPG Directory and circulated to those named within it, and to SPG Group Committee members on request, in printed form or as a PDF.
- This information is used to facilitate administration of the SPG, its services and events.
- Limited data (Name, Club and email address) is used electronically by the SPG Committee; to circulate information for administration or event purposes. e.g. emails of subscriptions/insurance details of Competitions, and/or information and results via the SPG website.
- Photographers, as the creators of images, entering SPG competitions, including Inter Club competitions and the Grampian Eye competition
- This information is held and managed subject to the General Conditions for SPG Competition Events.
- Additional information will be held on prospective/current Judges for administration of Judge’s Assessments and Feedback (e.g. Feedback Forms and Judge’s Questionnaires)
SPG Facebook Page
- Photographers, as the creators of images, may have their images and name displayed on the SPG Facebook page
- Photographers, as the creators of images, may have their images and name displayed on the SPG Website page.
- The SPG may hold personal information for anyone contacting the SPG, or whom the SPG contacts for the purpose of conducting its general business.
- This information is used to satisfy a requested service or a contractual requirement.
- The SPG may retain historical archives indefinitely, for example but not limited to, records of meetings, handbooks, catalogues, awards and other event results.